Thanks to you and your fellow Canadians, the Prime Minister and the Minister of Finance received thousands of letters, tweets and posts of support for a historic investment in nature conservation in this year’s federal budget.
Our collective voice was heard loud and clear!
We are pleased to see “’game-changing”’ investments of $1.3 billion over five years in new federal funding:
- $500 million over five years to support conservation partnerships with provincial, territorial, Indigenous governments and other non-government partners
- $800 million over five years is to support:
- New federal protected area.
- Increased capacity for national park management
- Increased capacity to protect species at risk
- A coordinated network of conservation areas working with provincial, territorial and Indigenous partners.
The budget also included $167 million over five years to better protect and recover endangered whale in Canada.
Help us thank the federal government for this unprecedented investment and commitment to protecting at least 17% of our land and 10% of our oceans by 2020, and to conserving endangered wildlife, by sending a congratulatory letter below. For maximum impact, add your personal message of congratulations to the letter before hitting submit.
The letter will be sent to the Prime Minister, the Finance Minister, Minister of Environment and Climate Change, Minister of Fisheries and Oceans, and your local MP.