Take action: Find out about short breaks in your area!


Step 1:Fill in your details!

Since October 1st local authorities have had a legal duty to publish a ‘short breaks service statement’. This statement should set out what short breaks services are available locally and what eligibility criteria are used for accessing short breaks.

EDCM has written a letter that you can send to your local councillor with responsibility for children’s services, asking to see your local area’s short breaks statement. 

Short breaks are one of the most important services that disabled children, young people and their families access. A lack of clear information can create a barrier to many families from accessing these vital services.

Please fill in your details into the form on the right and press 'submit'. We will not share this information with anyone else. Make sure you fill in the boxes with a '*' next to them.

PLEASE NOTE: As social care is a devolved issue, this action is only applicable if you live in England.

So far 635 people have taken this action.