Apply now to join our ‘alternative’ Old Boy Network!
Join hundreds of like-minded graduates and creative professionals offering information, advice and guidance to the next generation.
- Do good things: Create
privilege for people without privilege and counter the myth that
universities, and in particular arts degrees, are the domain of the
middle and upper classes.
- Meet amazing peers: Our volunteers come from TV, film, music, art,
fashion, academia, law, architecture, activism, comedy, social work,
journalism, publishing, design, activism and theatre.
- Get a beautiful portrait: Our artist in residence will draw you if you also donate a small amount!
What you will be doing:
Becoming a contact in our network for students without connections
Sharing industry knowledge and relevant life experience with them
- Corresponding with students (arranged via mentors and our Director) via phone, email or in person
- Where applicable, talking to groups of students about your experience and work
- Offering taster days and work experience to students members (through our partner colleges)
- Sharing further contacts that prove useful to students
- Helping us grow our grassroots network
How you will do it:
- Emails, meetings and calls
- Attending Arts Emergency networking event (subject to your availability)
- Particiapting in college careers talks and workshops (subject to your availability)
Who can apply?
Any Bachelor of Arts graduate and/or professional working in a relevant industry or working in a related creative or professional field.
Who will you help?
Students members in non-selective further education (16+)
This is just for our internal records.
I understand that any offer of a volunteer position will be subject to
the/ information on this application form being complete and correct. I
authorise Arts Emergency to make any appropriate checks that may be
necessary in relation to the role I have applied for. False information,
or a failure to supply the details required in this application form,
could make an offer of a volunteer position invalid or lead to
termination of the volunteer position.
I agree that during the course
of my volunteering with Arts Emergency, and at all times thereafter, I
will keep confidential any information, however obtained, concerning the
business, trade secrets, personnel, supporters or beneficiaries of Arts
Emergency or of any of its subsidiary or associated companies, and I
will not disclose any such information to any other party without Arts
Emergency’s prior written consent.
Furthermore, I agree that I will not
use any such information for my own purposes or for the purposes of any
third party. Upon termination of my volunteering (for whatever reason) I
agree that I will surrender to Arts Emergency all documents, copy
documents, notes and other memoranda in my possession relating to Arts
Emergency, its supporters or any other associated individual,
organisation or company.
I agree to abide by Arts Emergency’s Data
Protection Policy and Confidentiality Policy. I agree that personal data
relating to me, which has been or is obtained by Arts Emergency,
including personal data given by me on this form, may be held and
processed either on computer or in manual records. It may be disclosed
to authorised employees of Arts Emergency, and used by Arts Emergency
for any purpose relating to my application.
By submitting this
application form, I give my permission to the storage and processing of
sensitive personal information by Arts Emergency.
Please type your name and today's date to accept: